Do you frequently forget where you have left your keys?
Do you find it difficult to strategize and manage your tasks?
Do you always forget a person’s name right after being introduced?
These things are all due to low brain power which affects your memory and concentration power. It happens more when a person is aging.
In this article, we’ll discuss various ways on how to increase memory power naturally and to how to boost your memory and concentration.
Let’s first zoom inside our head and look at what happens with our brain in the aging process:
- There is a slight shrink observed in the pre frontal cortex part of the brain which is located in the frontal lobe, mainly responsible for learning, memory, planning and other complicated brain activities.
- The white matter present inside the brain is reduced or lost completely and hence the communication skills become weak.
- As ageing occurs, the flow of blood in the arteries is also reduced and hence, the growth of new capillaries gets obstructed.
- In some cases, a plague formation takes place in the brain affecting the memory.
If one takes good care of health, it is possible to lead a normal life even after 65 years age.
The aging symptoms are directly related to your lifestyle and habits and hence, it varies from person to person. The following are some of the common symptoms of brain aging.
Symptoms of Ageing Brain
- Loss of communication skills
- Repetition of word
Learn 9 simple ways to increase brain memory and improve concentration before it is too late.
How to Boost Brain Power
1. Start Your Day with Breakfast
- Refer to my previous article “Did you eat your breakfast today.”
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it should not be compensated by having a sugary drink or any fruit.
- If you control your cravings at the time of breakfast, it affects your brain power and hence it leads to early aging.
- Ideal Breakfast for the day should be
1 glass milk (200 ml) + 1 cup oats/broken wheat daliya+ ½ cup sprouts
2. Work in and Work out
- You should motivate yourself to exercise as it is the most important prerequisite for a healthy life and is one of the best methods to boost brain power.
- Exercise not only helps to keep your body fit but also helps to calm your mind.
- It helps in proper circulation of the blood in the brain.
- Ideal workout for the day should be 45 minutes of walking/cardio exercise.
3. Sit in a Correct Posture
- Your sitting posture can determine how sharp your memory is.
- Studies in France say that 30 % student who bends their back and writes exams has scored fewer marks as compared to 70 % students who wrote the exam paper with an erect back.
- When your back is straight the flow of blood is going directly towards the brain without any plaque formation and hence neurons and neurotransmitters can pass the signals accurately.
- Ideal sitting position is not to bend the back while working on some important and brainstorming thing
4. Train Your Brain
- Studies have shown that brainstorming sessions help you to use more and more percentage of your brain.
- Hence, you should always work on new ideas and should have creativity in your work
5. Catch Some Sunlight
- You should expose yourself to sunlight for minimum 15-20 minutes early in the morning to get vitamin D.
- Vitamin D deficiency leads to impaired brain functioning.
- Vitamin D above 40 mg /ml reduces the risk of cognitive impairment.
- To achieve this, you are supposed to take 1000 IU of vitamin D supplements on a daily basis.
- Vitamin D helps to get rid of toxicity as well.
6. Stay Hydrated all Day
- Brain cells require an optimal amount of water to function normally.
- If the water level is less in the body, it can lead to short term memory loss which can further cause some long term memory problems like Alzheimer’s.
- Low water can also affect your concentration level especially your arithmetic and calculation skills.
- Along with daily exercise/workout, drinking 10-12 ounces of water a day helps to boost brain power efficiently.
7. Stop Staring Continuously
- You should not stare continuously at any object may it be television, laptop or books.
- It leads to dryness of the cornea.
- When your eyes become dry the flow of blood is unable to reach properly to the brain and hence your concentration level is highly affected
- You should always follow 20-20-20 rule which means
- Stay at a distance of 20 inches from the object and take 20 seconds break after every 20 minutes of work
8. Meditation is a Key to Success
- Meditation relaxes the neurons of the brain.
- It increases the blood flow
- It increases your memory power
- It helps in proper concentration level
- You should at least do 15 minutes of meditation exercise on a regular basis.
9. Sleep till You Wake up Fresh
Last but not the least; sleep is one of the most important factors to increase brain power.
- You should take a minimum of 8-10 hrs sleep in a day to rest your brain.
- Brain is an organ that works for all 24 hrs, and it requires much thinking and reasoning.
- While sleeping brain is at a resting position and hence proper supply of blood reaches the brain, and there are very fewer chances of plaque formation.
Now let us look at some foods that can improve mind power.
Foods for Brain Power
|Food Item||Quantity per Day|
|Tomatoes||1-2 medium sized|
|Avocado||1-2 medium sized|
Along with foods there are few dietary supplements as well that help you to increase brain power like fish oil capsules that is rich in omega 3 fatty acid.
I will have to take your leave now, but I will be waiting for your comments, do share your experiences and views.
Photo Courtesy: phunukieuviet.vn, ragtagalive.com, image.naldzgraphics.net, static.wixstatic.com, skincarebeautymag.com
5 thoughts on “9 Simple Ways to Increase Your Brain Power.”
A strong memory depends on the health and vitality of your brain. And there are lots of things you can do to improve your memory and mental performance.
Omega-3 fatty acids are particularly beneficial for brain health. To boosting brainpower, eating fish may also lower your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. If you’re not a fan of fish, consider turning to fish oil supplements. Other non-fish sources of omega-3s include walnuts, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, pumpkin seeds, and soybeans
Very Nice Post!!
I read the whole post till the end.
Very nicely portrayed article… All the details are very nicely laid out.
Your post has all the elements that can help boost people to try make their lives better.
People without thinking for another second try such things that can actually ruin their health.
But, I am sure they will get a big boost from this post and under better guidance they will able to enhance their brain power and life better.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
I am glad andrew that you like my post and I am sure many people would benefit with the same
Dear ,dao tao seo mien phi thanks a lot for your appreciation towards my post.
Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely helpful information specially the last part :
) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a long
time. Thank you and good luck.