Personal Hygiene: First Step towards Wellness
Personal hygiene is the very first step towards gaining good health and grooming. Maintaining such hygiene is extremely necessary for various other reasons like personal, psychological, social, etc. Advocating good standards of hygiene helps prevent the development as well as the spread of multiple negative things like bad body odour, infections, ailments etc. Fundamental cleanliness is nothing but common knowledge. Neglecting basic cleanliness procedures land people in problems which they cannot even be well aware of. There are many people who have bad breath, but they are absolutely ignorant of it. Some of such physical troubles
may not be the person’s fault at all. Sometimes improving the standard of hygiene will surely help in controlling such problems. Moreover, taking a good care of your hygiene will not only serve you the wellness of health but also good looks.
Follow Good Habits to Remain Healthy
In order to minimize the risks of infections and illnesses and to grow the amount of wellness, you need to follow healthy and effective habits on a regular basis.
1. Take bath regularly
Clean your body daily and shampoo your hair at regular intervals to wash off dead cells from your body and scalp. If you avoid taking shower, every day you can face serious skin-related issues
and other illnesses. Regular bathing will keep you away from experiencing body odour. Hair related issues
like lice, greasy hair, dandruff etc. all will vanish if you keep your hair clean and well-combed.
2. Wash hands frequently
Wash your hands frequently after certain activities like going to the washroom, sneezing or coughing, handling garbage etc. You must also clean your hands before having food or preparing it. This very habit goes a long path in preventing the quick spread of viruses and bacteria. Carry hygiene products like sanitizing gel or liquid soap whenever you go out.
3. Trim your nails
Keep your finger as well as toenails trimmed for rescuing yourself from problems like hang nails and seriously infected nail beds
. Keeping nails in shape also gives you a good look. Women with big nails that are in good shape and having nail paints on them look quite attractive.
4. Brush your teeth
Brush your teeth after having each meal and prevent diseases like tooth decay
, gum related troubles, bacteria from attacking you badly. Unhealthy gums often loosen your teeth from the gums so follow these and visit your dentist every six months for checkups and necessary treatments. Problems like bad breath can also be solved by brushing your teeth twice a day or more than that.
5. Sound sleep
Getting a good amount of sleep is one of the most necessary and healthiest habits. You need to sleep for at least seven to eight hours a day since the lack of sleep decreases your immunity level
. When we sleep our body undergoes essential treatments and processes of repairing all major lacks and issues. Hence, sound sleep is absolutely mandatory during the night.
6. Clean genital areas
Genital areas are extremely prone to bacterial infections and bad odour. So, clean those areas at least twice a day with mild medicated liquid soaps which have the least amount of scent and chemicals. Wear underwear that is made of cotton and other soft, hygienic materials. Do not use scented or perfumed toilet papers since they can easily cause irritation in your hidden parts. Women need to take more care of their personal areas of the body during menstruation or while suffering from cystitis and thrush.
Follow all of these good health tips
in order to maintain healthy being and to uphold an attractive appearance. These habits will surely help you win over all your hesitations related to body odour, yellowish teeth, smelly feet and many more.
Significance of Maintaining Hygiene
Most people are pretty much concerned about maintaining personal hygiene because:
- Health issues which arise for not maintaining this are extremely painful and difficult to be treated.
- We are extensively taught the significance of maintaining hygiene from a very early age of our life.
- Our friends, colleagues and even relatives will be turned or pissed off if we smell bad.
- People especially unknown ones can insult or criticise us for not maintaining hygiene in front of others.
- Keeping good and proper standard of hygiene makes us seem attractive to the opposite sex.
- By being tidy, clean and well-presented we allow ourselves with more facilities to be confident and smart. Hence, people could hardly help praising us and our confidence.
Other Useful Health Tips
As you know health and hygiene are intricately associated with each other and good health can only be achieved by maintaining proper hygiene. There are other useful and good health tips for you so that you can be saved from infections and health diseases.
- Do not even share cups, dishes, glasses, or cutlery. If you need to eat or drink outside the home either carry your own glass and dishes or use only disposable ones at the food stalls.
- When you are outside avoid touching sensitive parts of your body such as nose, face, mouth, eyes since in those cases viruses will be transferred to your body more easily.
- Every time you sneeze or cough use only single-use tissues. And, dispose of it right after using it.
- If you are sick with high fever or other infections kindly stay at home and restrict yourself from spreading the diseases to other people.
- Drink only packaged and pure water and do not at all use water of any tap to clean your mouth and teeth.
- Eat foods and drink shakes or juices only from the shops which are renowned and completely safe for your health. Do not feel greedy even if you see delicious foods at some untidy food stalls. It will cause you major health hazards.
- Get appropriate vaccines at suitable intervals of months or years or ages. They will help you grow immunity power against diseases.
Advocate good health and hygiene
just by following these simple yet useful tips and live in peace for long. Teach your kids and ask them to remember each of these tips in their daily lives.