Sweet almond oil is rich in vitamin E
and acts as a great food for skin and hair. It is used not only as a beauty elixir but also as a diet supplement for healthy functioning of the body. Sweet almond is a plant that produces nuts and these nuts are pressed to produce the oil. Sweet almond for health is rich in Vitamin E and useful fatty acids. The oil is typically used for hair and skin care while it is also consumed for healthy mind and body. This oil is golden colored, non-sticky oil that can be mixed with milk or used in salad dressings for consumption or applied to skin or hair for benefits. The sweet oil is available in the form of bottled oil and also in the form of a capsule for easier and hassle-free consumption.
The many benefits of sweet almond oil
Let your skin glow with almonds
- Vitamin E is one of the main sources of nourishment for skin. Sweet almond oil is rich in Vitamin E and light massage with this oil every night can give you glowing and spotless complexion. You can even infuse other essential oils like sandalwood oil or lavender oil for added benefit.
- Vitamin A, B, and E are abundant in sweet almond. These nutrients are essential for skin and have antioxidant properties. Almond oil also moisturizes the skin deeply and adds glow. It relieves skin of dry patches and chapped lips. Irritations are also soothed due to the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil. With regular application of sweet almond oil, skin gets softer and smoother. Since it is non-greasy in texture, it suits almost all skin types including oily skin, provided the right amount of it is used.
- The sweet oil is capable of treating serious skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema effectively with its anti-inflammatory properties. Mix few drops of tea tree oil to almond oil and apply the mixture to the affected area several times a day.
- Dark circles bothering you? Simply take few drops of pure sweet almond oil and massage the area around your eyes gently with your ring finger. Ring finger helps in applying just the right amount of pressure on the delicate eye area. Within a couple of weeks, you not only find the dark circles fading but also see a reduction in under eye wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Almonds are also the perfect answer to premature ageing. It fights the early signs of ageing like dark spots and wrinkles.
- Remove those pesky acne scars with sweet oil. Simply massaging the oil on the affected area can remove the scars without using any harsh chemical based product.
- Purify your skin and remove dead cells using a sweet almond oil-based scrub. Simply mix some sugar to the almond oil and scrub your face gently with the mixture. This scrub not only removes dead cells but also clears skin of blackheads.
- Say goodbye to tan with sweet oil. Sweet almond has complexion brightening properties and a mixture of this oil with lime juice can do wonders for the tan-prone skin.
Say hello to healthy hair with sweet almond oil
- Deal with hair fall effectively with the almond oil. The sweet oil is rich in magnesium, the deficiency of which causes hair fall. Regular application of almond oil reduces hair fall and improves the texture of hair. Hair grows faster with regular use of almond oil and hence the oil is the ideal nourishment for scalp and hair.
- Sweet almond oil helps in dealing with split ends effectively. Application of a mixture of castor oil, almond, and olive oil can bring a difference to the appearance of split ends.
- Stop using the chemical based conditioners and switch to using sweet almond oil as a leave-in conditioner. You can even leave the oil on your scalp and wash it off next morning for soft, shiny and conditioned hair.
- Want to get rid of dandruff? Simply mix some sweet almond oil with mashed gooseberry and apply the mixture on your scalp for 30 minutes. Almond oil effectively removes dandruff and any other form of dead cells effectively. Regular use of sweet almond oil helps in maintaining the moisture balance of the scalp.
Health benefits of sweet almond oil
- The oil helps in dealing with heart ailments effectively. It helps in regulating blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It has high potassium content which helps in maintenance of the blood pressure. It is a rich source of folic acid, unsaturated fats and other nutrients which are extremely beneficial for cardiac health.
- Sweet almond oil is a natural immunity booster. It improves body’s capability to fight infections and injuries. The oil is also known to aid in digestion. It relieves issues like constipation when consumed with milk.
- It improves memory power and helps in achieving a stronger nervous system.
- Babies when massaged with this oil, develop healthier bones and softer skin.
- Relief from pain gets simpler and instant when the affected area is massaged with sweet almond. The anti-inflammatory properties of almond make it a good massage oil in case of joint or muscle pain.
The difference between sweet and bitter almond
Sweet almond oil is carrier oil with nourishing properties while bitter almond oil is a fragrant essential oil. Commercially available bitter almond oils contain 50% sweet almond oil while these sweet capsules or bottles are an undiluted pure form of the oil. Despite being an essential oil, bitter almond oil does not have any kind of therapeutic properties. It is solely used for its fragrance.
It is always advisable to opt for organic sweet almond oil while purchasing the same in bottled or capsule forms. Organic sweet almond is pure in nature. Some commercial brands sell sweet almond that is diluted with some mineral oil and are not safe for consumption. Consume this multi-beneficial oil capsules from only a trusted brand.