BMI or the Body Mass Index stands for the ratio of the weight of a person to height. This tells you if a person is being underweight or overweight. BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is healthy. A BMI between 25 and 29.9 is considered overweight, and over 30 is obese. Higher BMI or weight can result from chronic diseases such as increased risks of heart attack, strokes, diabetes, higher blood pressure etc.
Tips: You must measure your height and weight. So, you can follow the diets your BMI corresponds to. Here go the top 5diet plans for you:
- Controlling your food habits or food addiction and lifestyle:
Before you start to diet for you, you need to find out the sole reason for getting fat or overweight. It is hard resisting yourself when your eyes are caught on a tempting food court with delicious options like heart melting pastry, pizza with extra cheese, cute little muffins, sweet smelling cookies, and junk foods obviously. Well-a-well, you need to keep these environmental factors to your mind like- the quality of food you’re served, the size of your plate etc. All these can often influence you eating more than the requirement and leads to overeating. You must control yourself not to overeat and eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.
Drugs and alcohol can lead to severe weight gaining. Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Cutting out carbohydrates:
Carbohydrates can come from many sources and many directions. It can be a sip of sweet good morning tea or it can be easy coming chips and cold drinks in movie-theatre, white rice, pasta, lactose-dairy food and much more.
Here comes this red big alert! Apart from energy, carbohydrate stores the spare fat and proteins. Taking too much of carbohydrates causes storage of fat in your body. Fats do not elicit an insulin response. A stage is reached while the body is resistant to insulin due to the habit of eating. And then it is very difficult to not to overeat. So, cutting your carb is a very strong solution to reduce weight.
- Say yes to protein:
Protein foods are mostly recommended for weight loss diets. Protein-rich foods can keep you full for longer with some healthy benefits added.
These protein-rich foods are the tastiest items you will be finding in your diet chart. In the case of meat go for pork including bacon, chicken, lamb, beef, jerky. The egg is a very good option has almost 0carb and high protein. Seafood’s and other fishes like sardines, salmons, tuna, cod etc. are the options you can go for.
- Foods to avoid:
- Engineered junk foods/highly processed foods: First and important thing about them are their addictive nature. You can even notice people being addicted to soft drinks. And it’s no accident! The added flavors and chemicals in these are not only causes gaining weight but also it’s very unhealthy Avoid cured meats, microwave popcorns, salty and roasted snacks and all junk foods.
- Sugar items like Candies, chocolates, fruit juices, agave, ice cream, pastry and much more
- Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, some sweets and other accessories
Foods to eat:
- Vegetables: Cauliflower, mushrooms, cherry tomato, spaghetti squash, broccoli, spinach, bell pepper, radish.
- Fruits: Apricots, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, cantaloupe, peach, rhubarb
- Meat: pork, bacon, chicken, lamb, beef.
- Fish: salmon, cod, catfish, tuna, sardines
- Dairy products: cottage cheese, plain Greek yogurt, sour cream, goat milk.
- Plant proteins: Tofu, Pumpkin seeds, tempeh.
Losing body weight will be effective only when it’s boosted with little exercises. Exercising daily is very important in order to keep your body healthy. And obviously, a promise to stick to it is even more important. Having a busy schedule makes it difficult to take out time to exercise. You can make it interesting and regular as well by following methods:
- Avoid using elevators always. If you are traveling to next floor, you can always switch to the staircase.
- Park your car a bit distant so that you can walk.
- While taking breaks between works do free hand exercises.
- Dance with the beats if you think exercising is boring.